Thursday, November 8, 2007

six facts about me

I've been tagged... by Kim
Here are the rules:
A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.
B. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

1. i do not have a sense of smell.

2. i had a head injury in the year 2000 where i had over 20 brain contusions and the midline of my brain shifted three degrees, and miraculously healed...the only lasting effect of this injury was the loss of my sense of smell.

3. my hair was always stick-straight until after my head injury and now it is very curly naturally, but i still blow dry and straighten it almost every day(even though dave likes it better curly) i have heard that it may have been the trauma, that my skull became thicker, that people with curly hair have thicker skulls and the hair follicles have to work harder to grow out. i don't know if this is true or not, but isn't it a fascinating explanation?

4. i have a birthmark on my left eyelid. it has lightened up dramatically over the years, it used to be so dark. when i left the state to go to college, one of my best friends told me that one of the things she missed most about me was the birthmark on my eyelid...

5. i love to read. it is one of my life-long dreams to write a book. i am currently reading "the virgin suicides" and it is a very interesting read.

6. i have chronic insomnia. i have for as long as i can remember, even as a young child. it has definitely gotten worse over the years(i never can sleep unless i have taken some kind of sleep aid, but the prescription sleeping pills like ambien don't work for me) i have always had vivid nightmares, starting with a horrifying recurring one as a child and i have often wondered if subconsciously there is something inside me that actually does not want to find sleep.

So I have to tag SIX people...gustogirl, a force that brings good fortune, hankstown, the kirnan crib, hopeless romantic, time-for-a-paws and anyone else that wants to participate...

have fun and i won't feel bad if you choose not to post six facts about yourself on your blog even though it would be fun to read so if you post, leave me a comment letting me know!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

aww you are sweet. however, I just did this tag a few weeks ago, and I really don't think I can think of 6 MORE interesting things.... I had a hard enough time the first time, hehe. I think it was mid-october? have a great day, Julie!

..::k.toms::.. said...

Thanks for leaving your six!
I have naturally curly hair too and I have NEVER heard about the thick skull trivia? How interesting!
As for the insomnia- could be hormones. Ever since I started my road down this infertile path I haven't been able to sleep either. I just blame it on the dang hormones.

Rachel said...

I knew a lot of this. but the trivia behind the curly hair? also the recurring nightmare as a child?

lindsey said...

your curly hair fact is amazing. isn't it strange how stuff like that happens! my mother in law had cancer and lost all her straight hair... then when it grew back it was curly. amazing!

MomOf4 said...

Wow! Your miraculous recovery is very inspiring! I feel for you about the insomnia. I can usually get to sleep but if I wake up in the middle of the night I usually cannot go back to sleep. Have a great day!