Thursday, November 22, 2007

something to be extra thankful for...






it has finally happened. we feel so blessed and overjoyed. we found out i was pregnant yesterday. i was at "enchanted" with my mom and four of my five sisters and my niece and nephew and i got a call from my doctor who had very good news for me. i stepped out of the theater and heard her say, "you are pregnant" and i just couldn't believe my ears. i went back in the theater to finish watching the movie, but i kept my news secret until i could see dave. we spent the evening putting together these soda bottle labels and it was so fun to be able to announce it to our families on Thanksgiving day. it was truly a thanksgiving miracle. we had contemplated waiting to tell our families because of the losses we have experienced in the last twelve months, but decided that we wanted to share the news when everyone was together and in town. it was so fun to see my sister Laura pull out one of the bottles to see what flavor it was and her realization of what the label said...i loved her yelling, "are you serious??" and smiling and hollering until everyone came over and realized what was being announced. it was by far the best thanksgiving i have ever had. i do not have words to express the happiness i feel right now...i think i am a little bit worried to let my heart be as happy as i long to be because i know the pain that accompanies the loss of that kind of happiness, but right now i am content to let myself be happy and thankful for such an incredible blessing.



a toast with my family at Rachel's house...




then Laura took a picture so i could be in it, here it is...






miracles happen.

23 comments:

Monty said...

woohoo!!!!!!!! i'm so excited!!

Teesa69 said...

I am so excited for you!! I was wondering how the family reacted and if they saw it right away!
congrats to Julie, Dave and little one too!!
Tracy

MomOf4 said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am praying hard for you to have a happy and healthy pregnancy! Happy Thanksgiving!! What a great day to find out!

Ashley said...

JULIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHH!!!!!!!!! oh my gosh, I am so excited & crying my eyes out!!!!! I'm so happy for you. I can't wait. I knew it ;)

katie said...

julie, so glad e/o enjoyed the creative surprise. i'll continue to be praying for you! oh, the worry doesn't stop, either, so get to used to it! LOL. couldn't be happier for you!!!

Rachel said...

COngrats! I am so excited for you ugys! and I can't believe how bad I look in these pictures.... Love you!

lindsey said...

Julie! First of all I have goosebumps and I am all choked up! I am so excited and thrilled for you guys.

What a cute way to announce a pregnancy - - I may have to steal that one of these days!

Congratulations!

Natalie said...

Angie told me the good news! I'm so happy for you!

..::k.toms::.. said...

I heard the great news Julie!
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited for you guys! (if you can't tell by the O's)
I knew it would happen for you guys and I will be keeping you in my prayers that this little one will be healthy and oh so strong!
Congratulations Julie and Dave! Looks like your Thanksgiving couldn't have gone any better!
XOXO
Kim

Amy said...

Praying for you guys that this time will be nothing but exciting and happy and filled with awe and that God would give you the courage to dare to have those feelings and to dare to dream about your future with this new little one. How exciting!

erin said...

Congrats! Yay for you! My sister (who has had some of the same issues as you) is pregnant now too! Double Yay!!

PinksandBluesGirls said...

OH MY GOSH!!! Oh, Julie, I am just thrilled for you. I am beaming. Congratulations to you and Dave. What joyous, joyous news.

Jane, Pinks & Blues

Carrie said...

Julie,
I have been reading your blog for a little while now, and I was so hapy when I read your blog this morning! God is so good. I will be praying for you and your little miracle!

It will be fun to watch you go through this nine month journey!

The UnMighty said...

Never mind the baby, you have your own SODA COMPANY????!!!!!!!

Angie said...

Congratulations! I was thrilled to hear the good news. I got most of the details from Melissa and Eliot, but I wanted to congratulate you myself. Love you!

selfstarter said...

Congratulations Julie and Dave. We are very excited for you guys. Mitch and Maddy need more cousins. We love you

shauna said...

I am so excited for you! Congratulations! I'm so excited to have this peek into your life as your family grows.

Beanie said...

It was the best Thanksgiving ever.

Ashley said...

just checking in, any updates for us? praying for you! :)

Amy Anderson said...

Fabulous news...congrats!!!

Niederfam said...

Miracles do happen!!!! AWESOME....what a lucky little girl or guy in there!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS.....honeslty a HAPPY Thanksgiving indeed!!!!! Love the "Jones" way of announcing....SO FUN!!!!!!

MomOf4 said...

Just checking back in to see how you are doing... :)

Spammon said...

Hey CONGRATS!!! That's awesome. Lindsey told me about it but I figured I'd come say it to you directly. Please name him Ammon if it's a boy.