Wednesday, October 22, 2008

feeling old

last friday i drove to provo while dave stayed with the babe so i could watch my sister mariah perform in a play. while i was in provo i couldn't help feel old. mariah is in college now. COLLEGE. whoa. this means it has been eleven years since i left home to go to college. can i really be that old? how is that possible? she did a great job and it was fun to see her. since she is in utah now, there are certain things she needs to try you know? i took her to sconecutter. she had never been. you can't be a real utah girl unless you have eaten at sconecutter. it had been years for me but many a late night have i spent at sconecutter...after concerts, late night study sessions, parties, etc. i just had to introduce it to her. mmm, it was good.

today my friend megan tall and i went out to lunch and afterward she accompanied me on my quest to find a christmas present...many a store did we go to, but we still couldn't find the present i was looking for. i wish i could solicit info on said present on this blog but the recipient reads this blog (sometimes) and i don't want to let the cat out of the blog, i mean bag. haha. what a patient friend megan is. audrey has had a rough week. she has gas that is causing her so much pain. we are starting her on a new formula that will (hopefully) help. today was the first time i took her out of her stroller and just held her while we walked around tai pan. she is usually happy as a clam riding in her stroller. poor little thing. megan was so patient with her screaming and still wanted to hang out with us even though audrey was not having an easy time. thanks meg. as we were walking around we ran into a high school friend that lives in wyoming that i haven't seen in eleven years. she was talking about how she just turned thirty last week and then megan started talking about how she will be turning thirty in a few months. THIRTY. i don't relate to that at all.

when i was running errands in provo after sconecutter but before mariah's show on friday i just kept thinking about how long it has been since i lived in provo and how long it has been since i came back from school in virginia. sometimes i think of myself as being around that age. i know i am older than college kids, but i don't think i realized how much older you know? and then today...what were megan and i doing? we were going to home decor and housewares stores with baby in tow. somewhere along my journey through life, i turned into a grown-up. why didn't anyone tell me?

this was my last day working at tom tom music. rachel and eliot came in to visit me and we took some silly pictures. this feels like yesterday. okay, maybe not yesterday but not eight years ago either. where does the time go?

12 comments:

GustoBones said...

Time really does fly, doesn't it? I have always loved that picture and have always been a little jealous that I wasn't there striking a pose with you guys! Just wait until Audrey gets old enough to have little friends and you get referred to as "Audrey's mom", it is then you realize that you really are not as young as you once were(at least that is how it was for me.)

Desiree said...

Seriously...I still feel like a young college girl too. I can imagine once a baby comes. And what is sconecutter? I've never been or even heard of it?!?!

Angie said...

I know what you mean... I was in Provo the other week and Colleen (my old roommate) and I went to our old apartment for fun. It didn't dawn on me how long it had been until I was standing there in my old apartment in front of these young college girls... I graduated 8 years ago!! Also, I don't think I have ever been to SconeCutter. I missed out! PS-the picture you sent of Audrey is so cute. Thank you!

Rachel said...

have you been ma'am-ed? THAT means you are old. I agree though, especially having a child (and expecting another) makes me feel ancient.

emily said...

I totally know how that goes... well at least a little. I just graduated but it already makes me feel super old. And kind of like now I have to have a real life! :P

Ashley said...

Trust me, I have the feelings of oldness allll the time. that picture is so funny!

Thelissa said...

This things that make me feel old are that I enjoy softer music, actually consider if I have eaten enough fiber, see teenagers and think they look silly in their styles and when I go into the hospital to have a baby and the on- call Dr.comes in to check on me and he looks 15. In actuality he is 30 and I am older than him! That is a crappy realization.

zealygirl said...

You look super for your 'age'; you could probably still get away with saying you are babysitting Audrey and fit right in with the girls on campus. I've always thought you are so beautiful!

..::k.toms::.. said...

Time flies right?
It's crazy. And that pic of you and Rach and Elliot is great! You are all gorgeous!

MomOf4 said...

Time does fly. I blinked and my baby turned 7!

Great picture!!

So sorry Audry has gas that is hurting her little tummy. Have you tried Mylecon drops? Our pediatrician recommended them for our first child and I have used them for all three. There is also a generic version you can buy at Wal-Mart (Equate). Good luck!!! :) Please let me know how it goes!!

Amanda said...

ahhh, i totally know how you feel... about the getting old thing... sometimes i feel like since i'm short... maybe i really am still 22, or whatever. ohh. but from what i hear... the 30's are the best years of your life... i don't know about that... but i'll try to put on a happy face when i happens!! :)

I'm sorry about sweet Audrey's gas... Caitlin had the same thing, and was on medication for a year or so... this may sound a little funny... but sometimes if she's looking really uncomfortable... and if she'll let you... rub her feet, esp. under her toes where that natural arch is (under the ball)... it's a reflex for the diaphram... it may help ease some tention... :)

Unknown said...

Girl . . . You don't even know what old is.