so my doctor prescribed me some medicine to help ease my nausea since i haven't been able to keep much down and at my thirteen week appointment my morning sickness had not yet started to subside. i was reading the information on this medicine and the side effects include: dizziness, drowsiness, dry mouth, nausea, blurred vision, and vomiting...are you kidding me?? so to help with my nausea, i was prescribed a medicine that has nausea and vomiting as side effects?? i found this laughable, but decided to give it a whirl anyway because i am so tired of feeling sick. my doctor said i should know within a few days if it was working or not. so a few days after taking it, i was sicker than i was before...throwing up multiple times at work and at home...i stopped taking it but have not started feeling better at all. it has kind of killed my weekend. i am hoping it will only take a couple of days to get this stuff out of my system...my doctor said that if this didn't work, he could prescribe something stronger but i am hesitant to take anything else as my body doesn't usually respond well to medicine.
Saturday, January 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Yuck!! That is pretty ridiculous.
sorry babe - what can i do for you?
That stinks. Sorry Jules. Wish that there was something we could do. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
I know I always laugh when theres a pill to---I don't reduce your chances of a heart attack or something and one of the possible side effects is death....backwards for sure!
I'm sure glad I don't get pregnated. I hate throwing up. I refuse to and haven't done so for 25 years. I swallow it down and load up on the ginger ale.
my best friend had the same thing happen - she has a mid-wife now, but her doctor tried to perscribe a medicine that they give chemo patience that has "not yet been tested on pregnant woman" she was like C-YA!! Anyway, she found something at a healthfood store that helped alot, i will ask her what it was and pass it along :)
what i meant was chemo patients :) but was typing too fast...ha ha!
For sure you will feel better in 179 days.
Oh Julie... I wish felt better!! I feel so bad for you. I have a girlfriend who had tremendous morning sickness for longer than 12 weeks. I feel for you BIG TIME and I'm thinking of you.
xo,
Audrey
Julie, My mother always said that anything worth having comes with a price. I remember with Eli I was on an IV for 7 months because i could not stop throwing up. With Aden I threw up even up until and thru my delivery. I know it means nothing now but i promise you it will just make you love your baby more. And when you deliver and they hand your baby to you in that moment you will say I would do it all over again knowing you are the end result. Regardless it sucks and honey it dosent get better. My doc gave me Zofran that helped. Yes the side affects say that dizziness ect.. but if its meant for nausea it will do the trick. If your insurance will cover it give it a shot. The phenergan just put me to sleep. I promise if anyone can sympathize its me!. Hang in there. Its like the miss. The days go by like months but the months go by like days.
Post a Comment