
We have had a day...the saturday that never ends.
A few days ago our water dispenser on our fridge stopped working
and today Dave decided to clean out the fridge only to find a puddle
of water under the freezer, opened it up and all the food had thawed. The bread dough we had was totally risen and busting out of the pack and the stuff in the bottom of the fridge was frozen. we called to see how much it would be to have someone come out and look at it and explained what was going on and were told that it would be $200.00 charge minimum, if not more...pretty frustrating to put in that much money on an older fridge.
we decided to bite the bullet and purchase a new fridge. we went to several stores before we realized that no one had a fridge that we could purchase, put in our truck and drive home today. the fridge we wanted(basically the same make and model that we have had) is special order only and would take four weeks to be delivered...finally we settled on one that was similar but that could be delivered this thursday. we went to target and walmart after to find a mini-fridge to get us through the next week so our food wouldn't go bad, but they were all so expensive. Finally we found a good-sized fridge on ksl.com for $30 and we went and picked it up. We got home at ten and my poor feet and knees have just had it for the day, not exactly the laid back Saturday that we were planning on...at least it is a long weekend.
Saturday, May 24, 2008
our new (but not so new) and temporary fridge
Posted by pinkmorning at 10:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
We had a similar experience a few months ago. The only difference was our fridge was only a year old! We didn't want to go buy a new one, so we waited a week for the repair man. He came and we waited another week for the part to come in, which by the way when it came was wrong. He express delivered the right one and he fixed it the next day. We were without a fridge for over two weeks! Terrible! I wish I had thought of checking on KSL! We lived out of two coolers, going and buying ice and trying to keep things cold. IT was a huge pain! You were smart to go look for a cheap one! Hope your new one comes soon and you can stay off your feet!
That is way bad news, and a bummer way to spend any day, let alone a treasured, supposedly-restful Saturday. Good luck with that!
great find on both the new fridge and our temporary fridge!
ugh! What an ordeal! Glad you are getting a new fridge though..
Sorry about your fridge! That's the pits. Bet you're glad to be resting though!
I love the u/s pics, too. Audrey is such a cutie!
I'm so sorry! Looks like it's Cup of Noodles and PB & Honey sandwiches for a few more days! Goodluck!!
Dang doll. I am sorry about your fridge! That sucks big time! Glad you are getting a new one though!
A new fridge? I'm so sorry. I hate having to spend so much on something unexpected!
Thank goodness for KSL!
That is horrible! I hope you got to put those feet up for the rest of the weekend! It gets tough now towards the end! How are you feeling?
- Audrey
BUMMEr...At least it's only temporary!!!
That bites! I am glad the new one is on its way!
Sorry about your refrigerator mishaps. Hopefully things have calmed down since then. I didn't realize that you did Joy School. I think it is a cute program- a little outdated but the concepts are still applicable. Love you!
Appliance problems are the worst, aren't they?! And a refrigerator? It's not like a washing machine or dryer, where you can take the clothes to a laundromat. No! You can't store your cold items down the street and around the corner! Or a stove or oven... where you can (!) eat out while waiting for the replacement! I hope the small one is working out ok until Thursday! How are you feeling!?
xo - Sharon - Pinks & Blues
Post a Comment