Tuesday, March 11, 2008

to my amazing wife...

You mean the world to me. There are so many things I truly admire about you as a person, as my best friend and as my wife and partner. Even though you go through frustrating days and sleepless nights, you don't give up. You are a fighter. You may get down but you are never out. I love that about you.

Your smile makes my dark days brighter and when I see it, it makes me melt inside. I love that about you.

You are the most thoughtful and caring person I've ever met. You truly care about others and are always mindful of the feelings of those around you. Always willing to help others - no questions asked. You are my role model. I love that about you.

I enjoy the journey of discovering all there is that comprises you. You are beautiful in all the moments you aren't trying to be. Every no make-up sweatpants no shower morning hair moment is a treasure - and you never know it. I love that about you.

You are sometimes picky about the smallest things. While I don't always understand it, I wouldn't change it for the world. Changing that would be changing you - and I'd like to keep you just the way you are because...I love that about you.

You help me grow as a person. You haven't let me stagnate in this relationship. I relax into things very easily and become complacent. You have kept me on the ball and expanding as a person. I love that about you.

You ask me why or what I love about you and the list could go on forever. I especially love and appreciate that you are carrying our precious little angel and truly wish everyday that there were something I could do to alleviate your pain.

All in all, I love spending every moment of everyday with you.

9 comments:

erin said...

Dave--

YOu should teach husband classes! Julie is so lucky to have you!

Rachel said...

that is so sweet. I love how much you guys love each other. It is a great example to me. Love you guys!

GustoBones said...

Those are sweet words. You need every sweet word you can get when you are pregnant. Thanks for being such a great husband to my sis.

Ashley said...

dave, you are the sweetest. julie, it's so nice to see that you have what you DESERVE!!! :)

Kelsie said...

It sounds like your husband is a keeper. :) Thanks for the clarification on your comment from yesterday--I figured it was you. Your baby bedding is so cute ... I don't know much about little boys, but little girls are sooooo fun. You'll love it!

PinksandBluesGirls said...

Please warn me next time when tissues are going to be needed!!!!! Seriously, though... this is something every husband needs to read! What an amazing relationship you guys have. Very inspiring. Your little baby girl is so lucky to have you two as parents.

Jane, Pinks & Blues

..::k.toms::.. said...

That was the cutest post EVER!
Dave-
I'm with the first commentor- YOU SHOULD TEACH CLASSES!
So glad you 2 found eachother because you were meant to be!
So sweet.
And yes, I needed tissues too...

Niederfam said...

WOW! I'm totally sending this to my husband, all he ever did was sabbotage my blog!!! :)

SAH in Suburbia said...

This is so lovely!!