Friday, February 15, 2008

my fun new toy



after months of eyeing the nikon D40 and dreaming about owning one, thinking of all the amazing pictures i would take, we finally got our camera today. my sister rachel turned me on to the D40x that is very similar to the D40 but has more megapixels so that is what we decided to purchase. we are so excited to use it. we haven't been able to give it a whirl yet because it needs to charge overnight first, but we are so excited to take a gazillion pictures of our baby girl...the thing that most attracted me to this camera is that it has a million cool features that you can use once you learn how to use them, but until then it takes incredible pictures and is easy to use as a point and shoot...i am also taking classes at inkleys to familiarize myself with the camera and become an expert at taking pictures before baby is born.

10 comments:

Spammon said...

Nice purchase! I love my SLR. Sometimes I get camera happy and talk pictures of everything and anything from weird angles.

Ashley said...

nice! we had a rebel and sold it because it was so big that it inhibited me from taking it places... we got a little powershot and now I want my big camera back!!! I figured once we had babies we could get a nicer camera as well as the small one:)

Monty said...

little baby already has her mama paparazza!! :-)

GustoBones said...

nice camera!!! I am jealous!

Rachel said...

I am so jealous too!! I want one SOSOSOSOS BAD!

time-for-a-paws said...

I have the Nikon D40 And I am telling you it is was all worth the wait. It is so fun to take pictures with and the all turn out so well. I hope you get to use it lots.

selfstarter said...

Nikons are great and you will love it. Dad Proctor has been using one for years and swears by them. We have really appreciated our Nikon SLR and have captured much better pictures than our point and shoot ever could have.

Hope you are having a good night and want to talk soon.

Love,

Eliot

lindsey said...

Can't wait to see all the pictures you take!

Beanie said...

I suspect every millisecond of Audrey's life will be recorded by adoring parents.

Niederfam said...

Oh....Im totally coveting your camera.....LOVE IT!!!