i was thinking today on the nature of mortality, about how fragile life and each one of us are. last week i got the results of my blood test, not good news...i found out that i not only have endometriosis but also have pcos(polycystic ovarian syndrome) and the doctor told me i would not ovulate on my own anymore...so many tears were shed and it was only a few hours after my nana died. i have been thinking about all she taught me in my life and she told me in december to have more faith, that she knew we would have children someday and i have been holding fast to that conversation the last week. life is full of miracles every day, but you have to have an eye for them and so much of the time i don't. the bad things seem to shout out their presence and hit us in the face with their inconvenience and pain, but the miracles only whisper softly to us. what a blessing for me to have such a great nana. one of the things that remind me of my nana the most was a wallhanging she had made several years back that reads, "life is fragile, handle with prayer" what a beautiful sentiment and it rings true to me. life is fragile, and the only way to handle it is with hope, love and appreciation for the beauty and miracles that surround me.
Thursday, July 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
hi Julie. I have PCOS too and am on Clomid. Just a thought to ask your doctor about. A good friend of mine didn't ovulate for 4 years before she was diagnosed and she's got two kids now. I've also been through miscarriage and can feel for you on that one too. You seem to have such a great outlook though-- definitely a lesson I need to learn.
Good luck, Julie! I know of so many women who had children even though the prognosis was slim. If anyone can experience a miracle, I believe you can!
I always loved that saying, and it certainly seems timely concerning your present situation. I am sorry that you continue to have such trials. I love you!
I am sorry to hear that the test results did not come back the way you had wished. Don't give up hope though! One of my best friends was told point blank that she would never have any children. Now she has 2 boys ages 6 and 3 1/2!
Great to see you this week. I am sorry about everything that is going on with you. It is hard to see the light amidst the darkness I know. I love you.
thank you to everyone for your kind words of support. i appreciate the encouragement. looks like the next step is clomid, though it scares me a litte, at least it is a step forward for us. it was nice to see you too gustogirl, shopping was fun...wish we could have spent more time together. i love you too...and i love you likeastar...
so sad for you... I know there aren't really words that can really give comfort, but I will be praying for you and your husband.... and your attitude proves how much you deserve a blessing!
Thinking of you. I believe your attitude and positive outlook are so refreshing. It truly is a gift to be able to count one's blessings rather than wallow in their miseries. Keep smiling. :-)
I am hoping and praying for you to have your miracle baby. Someone as genuine and special as you just deserves to be a mom. And the love you and your husband have for each other simply needs to be extended to a life you create together.
Keep in mind what your Nana said... there certainly is wisdom in her words... she saw you as having children someday. It will happen.
The title of this post is so beautiful, by the way.
Hugs,
Jane, P&B Girls
I love you precious Julie. If you want that wall hanging from Mom's house, I'm sure you can have it. I stitched that one year for her for Christmas, so it has always been a thought close to my heart. Hold fast to what Nana told you.
Post a Comment