Thursday, July 12, 2007

tribute to rachel

rachel & julie 1985


julie & rachel 2002



tonight my sister rachel and i went out to dinner and to ikea to celebrate her upcoming birthday. it was such a sweet experience for me to spend some time alone with her and take a trip down memory lane. we used to share a room and we would use this tape player to record our voices onto blank tapes...always singing and making up fun stories...we had so much fun remembering all the adventures we have had together. i feel so lucky to have such a great sister who has been such a blessing in my life. i like to think that i have always taken care of her, but since we have been "grown up" she has done a lot of taking care of me too. she and her husband have welcomed me into their home, to live for months at a time before i got married...she was the one who wrote me the most letters when i left to go to college in a different state...she is the one who did my hair and makeup for my wedding and she is the one i have spent countless childhood hours laying in bed giggling with. thanks for the memories rachel. it was a wonderful night.

10 comments:

Angie said...

What great memories! It is so great to have someone in your life that knows you so well. Eliot informed me that Thursday are throwback days. I am going to try to be a part of it. I am still new at this blogging thing.

GustoBones said...

Those pictures are too cute! You both are gorgeous!

Ashley said...

how special the bond of sisters is... you both do look so beautiful!

Rachel said...

I LOVE the pic with our wonder twin haircuts! How old were we? Thanks for tonight! I had a lot of un too.

Rachel said...

Just looked again.. If that pic was 1985, then I must have been 3. That is hilarious!

lindsey said...

So cute! I had that hair cut in 1985 too! ha! You guys are both lucky to have each other!

time-for-a-paws said...

Thank you for always leaving comments on my blog. It seems like I take so much time to make it fun and to upload pictures onto it and no one responds. I always love hearing from you!!

Twice the blessing, plus one said...

Wow, I wish I had a relationship with my sister that way. I am looking forward to watching my twins build a relationship....I hope they have fun and giggles on a daily basis.

PinksandBluesGirls said...

You two were absolutely adorable then, and you are both absolutely beautiful now!!!!

I am glad you had such a great time with your sis, and could sit and reminisce awhile, just the two of you. It's so wonderful to have those opportunities!!

Jane, P&B Girls

shauna said...

You two are so beautiful! And what great sisters!