sisters are special. the relationship of sisters is a unique one. my sister rachel took me out yesterday to celebrate my upcoming birthday. she gave me a jumbo muffin pan, which i have had my eye on for some time, a fun cupcake recipe book and "the giving tree" one of my favorite childhood books. i had just been thinking earlier this week about how much fun it would be to have a cupcake cookbook. how did she know that? somehow sisters seem to know us best. we went to lunch and then to the movie "hairspray" and it was so much fun. all of my sisters and i have always loved musicals, watching them on tv, dancing to soundtracks, going to broadway shows, being part of local plays, you get the idea... this was a truly entertaining show, it had all the broadway songs in it, not just the few songs from the older version of the movie and such an amazing, lovable cast...if you are a fan of musicals, this is one show you must go see, preferably with a sister...
Saturday, July 21, 2007
God made us sisters, Hearts made us friends
Posted by pinkmorning at 10:21 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Looks like you guys had so much fun!! I wish I could have been there to celebrate your birthday too!! I'm glad you were born!!
gustogirl - i wish you could have been here too! we will have to go see that movie the next time you are out here. i know you would LOVE it. i love you!
I won't go all the way.. but I will go pretty Faah-ar!
That movie was awesome! I am glad you chose it.. and suffered through watching John Travolta... STill in shock tha tyou don't love him!
happy, HaPpY Birthday!! I love you!!
sisters. are. the. best. so glad your sis was able to show you how special you are! what day is your birthday?
aww, was it today? HAPPY BIRTHDAY! today's my best friend's birthday, too :)
It sounds like you had a fun time! Was it the Cupcake Doctor book? Tell me what you think. Happy Birthday. We love you!
I really want to see Hairspray! Glad you liked it! I loved the original movie, but never saw the show on Broadway. I'm looking forward to seeing this one in the theater.
What sweet gifts from your sister! I loved "The Giving Tree" as a child, too!
Happy birthday! May ALL your dreams come true. :)
Jane, P&B Girls
I'm going to say the same thing I said over at Rachel's site--you gals are the sweetest sisters! Happy Birthday, Julie!
(And on a totally unrelated note--I'm eyeing that chocolate molten cake over there. dying! It looks so yummy. Now I'M craving it.)
This movie looks so good! I am glad you were able to spend some good sister-bonding time celebrating your birthday!! :)
Post a Comment