
well i have not been feeling very good this weekend. the medication my doctor gave me has made me feel really nauseated and dizzy so dave went to blockbuster and got us some videos so that we could just relax in our nice cool air-conditioned house. we had just put in one of the videos and the power went out. we called the power company and they didn't have any answers for us. they let us know that about 175 people were without power but did not know why or when they would have it back up...dave and i decided to play board games. we play rummikub a lot, so we only played one round of that game, but then we decided to play monopoly. we bought this game when i was pregnant but we had actually never opened it up to play. it was so fun to sit and play the entire game from start to finish, i don't know if i have ever done that before. i remember playing it with my brother eliot a lot years and years ago but i would tire quickly and would want to stop playing. it was a fun way to spend our sunday afternoon and by the time we had finished playing, we called the power company again and over 1000 people were without power but the estimated time was down to under an hour....i was amazed at how fast time went by because we were so involved in our game. i was also glad the power came back on shortly after nine in the evening so we had some time to cool our house back down before bedtime... and i won the game(maybe that is why i found it so fun)


7 comments:
I don't know why htye call them bored games... they really aren't boring at all!!
JK
I love board games, but I think Eliot has tainted Monopoly for me forever.(haha) Scott was over for a date and we started playing, I quickly went out and I remember dozing on the couch while the game went on for hours, feeling not just a little perturbed because Scott was my date. Funny enough though, there was another time when our power was out on Plum Creek and we played Monopoly by candlelight. Anybody else remember that time??
Glad you had fun, but sorry to hear that your medicine has made you feel bad.
We had a power outage about a week ago and when it hiccuped on and off a couple of times, my hubby and I decided to light a bunch of candles, turn off all the lights and just sit and chit chat! It was so much fun...we talked nonstop for about an hour then went to bed. Power outages RULE (well, sometimes). Hope you're feeling better, doll!
MONOPOLY RULES. That really is a fun game. I also like Risk, but noone ever wants to play. Hope you feel better Jules. I hope that I haven't ruined Monopoly for our whole family.
selfstarter- of course you didn't ruin monopoly for me. you taught me to play, and i used your technique to win. i suckered dave into selling me his properties with lots of money but then he lost all of it in just a few lands on my hotels. dave laughed at me and called me mamawarbucks because no matter what i would land on, i would yell, "i buy, i buy, i buy..."
josephine- i know...who would have thought that the power going out would have been so much fun...
I love games unless I have to think! The last time I played a serious board game was at Christmas two years ago when the game of Risk went on for hours. Eliot was in on that too.
i am jonesin for a family game of the name game...i even spent a couple of weeks creating one in any spare time that came up and then dave and i sat through 2 movies cutting all the pages into individual names...but we have yet to have the opportunity to play it.
Post a Comment