Thursday, June 7, 2007

some things never change

ten things about me that have not changed since high school (in no particular order)

  1. running errands in my pajamas
  2. making fun of the sad parts in movies that make me feel like crying(and sometimes while I am crying) to lighten the mood and make others laugh.
  3. laughing at my own jokes(i think i am the funniest person alive)
  4. saying someone doesn’t like me if I don’t know how I feel about them(maybe as justification, who knows?)
  5. singing out loud to songs while I am driving alone
  6. feeling better when the magic 8 ball gives me the answer I am looking for in my moments of serious dilemma or sadness...(putting my faith on a plastic toy for my most difficult moments... i guess i am a kid at heart, or an idealist)
  7. visiting my father’s grave when I am feeling hopeless about something and need a pick-me-up
  8. being prepared for any given situation, whether packing a backpack, glovebox or handbag…always carrying the essentials(everything is essential, by the way) such as: tylenol, toothbrush, toothpaste, mini hairbrush, visine, bobby pins, elastic bands, floss, chapstick, lotion, bandaids, tweezers, mini notebook for interesting thoughts, pen, mascara, sunglasses, camera, cell phone, kleenex…you get the idea, almost like I am channeling ally sheedy’s character in the breakfast club
  9. listening to punk rock versions of classic old songs or musicals like less than jake’s rendition of the grease soundtrack, stand by me by pennywise, or you are my sunshine by screeching weasel, to name a few. It is like two different parts of my personality are fused together to create a fun new sound to some of my old favorite songs.
  10. bargain or thrift-store shopping(i usually like the good deals i get better than the actual items)
  11. making random lists of random things that I find interesting or amusing in some way(this list is proof, and it makes the grand total eleven things about me that have not changed, not ten... but if i did have a number twelve it would probably have to be pointing out the obvious)

5 comments:

Rachel said...

It is nice that so many thing stay the same.. It lends a nice continuity factor to our existence. I love th epost.. you crack me up too (not just yourself).

Christy said...

i love reading your blog. i find the same things about myself...it is nice to know that there are things about ourselves that constant when the world around us is changing so rapidly. you are so much fun!!

GustoBones said...

I will have to think about 10 things that have not changed about me.

pinkmorning said...

gustogirl- you should! a few of mine were observations from other people some time ago and i realized, "yep, that is what i do..."

Beanie said...

1 Thing That Has Not Changed about Me
1. You always make me laugh, have fun things to say, are insightful and I love you.
Mom