Thursday, June 14, 2007



i am participating in "throwback thursday" which is hosted on Pinks&Blues
(love their blog)...i loved this idea. i love looking at old family pictures. they bring back so many memories and emotions for me. the idea of having a set time to do it so that those albums don't ever accumulate dust is ingenious...

halloween has always been my favorite, i am sure it is the dreamer in me....a holiday so full of possibility, where the only limit is your imagination...





(left to right)i am the pot-bellied ballerina, melissa, eliot and laura



(left to right)eliot, melissa, laura and julie


12 comments:

GustoBones said...

I love the photos. Did you scan them, or just take a pic of them with your digital camera. I was looking for some old photos yesterday and I couldn't find them. They are in some box in the garage that I couldn't find. You looked so cute as Wonder Woman, that costume gots lots of use. I don't know how many times you wore it, but I remember I was Wonder Woman two years in a row.

pinkmorning said...

gustogirl- i wore it two years in a row as well. it was my favorite costume of all time. it is too bad that it is not still around, it would be fun to see Kate in it...

Rachel said...

WONDER WOMAN!! The costume that started it all. These pictures are so cute.. they are just missing someone very important... ME!

pinkmorning said...

likeastar- i agree! sorry babe, i was trying to find a halloween picture with you in it and came up short. i will email you any pictures i have scanned of you...

PinksandBluesGirls said...

You had the CUTEST costumes!! Oh my gosh, these pictures are so great. Love them!

Halloween costumes back in the day were so much more classic... now they're too manufactured. Thanks for bringing me back to my own fun Halloween costume days!

And thanks for joining in on Throwback Thursday!

Jane, Pinks & Blues Girls

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

Those are great photos...I have NO pics of me at Halloween. It's a shame.

So I take it you are a part of that huge clan of girls (with racheltoms.blogspot)??

lindsey said...

I love Halloween! Is this really how you started liking Wonder Woman?

mAsOn & tErrI's mOm said...

(As a Libra) I love the fall (especially Halloween!!!!) I have TOO many decorations! I laughed when i saw the pudgy ballerina and then you said "pot-bellied" LAUGHED!!!!

Ya'll really did have great costumes, your momma must have a great imagination.

Thanks for commenting btw!

GustoBones said...

I am pinkmorning's sister and although my mom actually made the wonder woman costume, we had an annual trip to my aunt's costume closet. We didn't know for sure what we would be until we went to Aunt Rosemary's house and went through all the costumes she had.

pinkmorning said...

Jane- i agree with you on costumes being more original and not as mass-produced back in the days of our childhood. thanks for the great idea. TT is so much fun.

girlsgonewild- yep i am one of the girls in that clan. i am the one with the darkest hair...that is a picture of all of my sisters. thank you for your comment, i can't see your blog...

thedailyknack- yep, this is how it all began, well this and WW reruns...

Mason&Terri'smom- it was fun to see your blog. you have such beautiful children. i was glad my mom never told me not to dress up in a particular costume because i was so chubs...that is part of the fun of halloween, there are no limits to who or what you can be...

gustogirl&likastar- wish we had more childhood pictures...

Junia said...

Ha---Me in a tube top at about eight years old. Probably the sexiest top I've ever worn.

I distinctly remember Mom sitting at the sewing machine making that Wonder Woman costume.

Julie, will you make me a copy of these pictures? Pretty please?

shauna said...

I love Throwback Thursday--I'll have to participate this next time. Wonder Woman. I was Wonder Woman when I was 6 (and believed I shared her superpowers too). What a great costume!