
well the last week at work has been painfully slow. i am an assistant and my boss was out of town on business last week. i finished the work she gave me in half the time i was scheduled to work so ended up losing hours and money going home early. last week i realized that my boss would only be in town one day this week and i was going to run into the same problem. oh man, i only work three days a week as it is. the company i started working for has had a high turnover rate for the receptionist position. they have had a temp filling in because they have been through so many...i started thinking that maybe i could fill that position and still accomplish the things i help my boss with...i could get full time hours, and it wouldn't matter if it was a slow day because i would be doing another job as well. i pitched this idea to my boss today and i start full time tomorrow. it all fell right into place. it will be nice to be working full time again and to have some extra money for the weekends...and it means i get to spend more time with my husband(he works in the same office) talk about a win-win situation...
Monday, June 18, 2007
"everybody's working for the weekend"
Posted by pinkmorning at 6:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
I am happy to hear that it worked out. Get that loser receptionist outta there(loser only because she's not you:) and get you in there working full time!! Congrats on your new schedule.
This is great news. Congrats on being able to work out such a win-win situation. I'm so happy for you.
awwww how neat to work with hubby :) I think I may copy your "a year ago this week" sidebar feature... would you be offended or see it as a compliment? :) I hope the latter!
thekirnancrib- of course i wouldn't be offended. please do! i really enjoy seeing photos on blogs(mine are not always photos because i am not always good at taking pictures) but it is fun way to get to know you better. i put that in because it seems i haven't been very good lately about taking photos, but i have a whole bunch from last year...plus it is kind of fun to remember where you have been and how you have progressed...
It sounds like your new work schedule will keep you busy! Sometimes I find myself just sitting at work so I can totally relate to your feelings of wanting more work to do!
I hope that it all works out...
Congrats!! Isn't it great when you pitch a great idea and it works out just how you wanted!? And yes, talk about a win-win! That's so great!
By the way, your wedding picture is SO BEAUTIFUL!
Jane, P&B Girls
OK, two things... 1) I can't believe I just used "great" three times in that one comment! Geesh!
and 2) That was my deleted comment up there... sorry! I was signed in with a different account!
Jane, P&B Girls
I love that someone is excited to work full time :) I just graduated and had to join the ranks of the full-timers, and I hate it...ha ha! I actually worked the minimum full time hours the whole time I went to school, but the hours were flexible...now I am stuck as an 8 to 5'er :)
P.S. you look BEAUTIFUL in your wedding photo on the side of your blog!!
Post a Comment