Monday, June 25, 2007

chadder's restaurant: where you definitely are not In-N-Out...

this is the menu for chadder's restaurant where dave and i went for dinner tonight:


look familiar? this menu is almost identical to the menu at In-N-Out burger. i had to get blood drawn today and just basically had a lousy day, at least the bandage they wrapped my hand in was pink...anyway, because dave knows i love In-N-Out burger, he thought it would be fun to drive to american fork and try this new restaurant that In-N-Out has filed a trademark infringement lawsuit against. In-N-Out says everything from Chadders building to its menu is a rip-off of In-N-Out Burger. We decided to stay in the car and go through the drive-thru to order our food. it took over a half an hour to even get to the window. they messed up our order three times before getting it right. we had to explain our order six different times, two times each to three different people, including the manager...remember this is only an $11.00 order total for two people...to quote dave, "let's take this from the top...again" honestly i have never had such a frustrating or lengthy fast food experience. i think we would have preferred driving to las vegas and back for the real deal...at least it would have been quicker.

good thing we are going to california in august...In-N-Out, here we come...

12 comments:

lindsey said...

unoriginal. I hate when I have to repeat my order over and over again.

We are headed to Cali in August also. I have never been to in-n-out, but we are going for sure.

Thanks for the post. I will avoid going to Chadders.

Rachel said...

I am glad to hear your review. I have been intrigued by "chadders" and have wondered if it is worth the hype. Honestly, iam not a fan of in n out either though.. I prefer Apollo, Crown and Astro Brugers. YUM.

PinksandBluesGirls said...

I can't stand incompetence! What an awful place!

I've only been to In-N-Out once, when I was in CA. There aren't any around here. :(

Sorry you had such a blah day. Sending hugs your way!

Jane, P&B Girls

John J. Kaiser said...

"In-N-Out says everything from Chadders building to its menu is a rip-off of In-N-Out Burger"

Eerie. It is like McDowell's in the movie Coming to America.

GustoBones said...

I love in-n-out burger!!! YUMMY. Sorry about your experience at Chadders.

Tim Schreiber said...

The InO lawsuit against Chadder's is totally frivolous and without merit. Read the court documents and get my personal thoughts at: http://www.timschreiber.com/2007/06/in-n-out-sues-chadders.html

shauna said...

Where is Chadder's in American Fork? We just moved from there 8 months ago. Must be new--that place is growing like crazy...

Sorry about your experience. Nothing is more frusterating than having to wait that long for FAST food!

Monty said...

mr. schreiber completely misses the point of the post. this was NOT about the merits of the complaint filed against chadder's, it was about the complete LACK of competent service.

Josephine said...

Have you heard about In-N-Out's hidden menu? A friend told me about it...it's by request only.

pinkmorning said...

Josephine- yep, their "code" menu is the only way to go...i have been craving real In-N-Out ever since we had the knock-off a few days ago...

Cynthia said...

I think you may be happy to know that chadders is getting sued. Their defense lawyer.. our very own president brennan. haha. I cant believe that you were down here and din't even come and see me!:(
Its been a long time since i have seen you. I hope we can be in touch soon.

pinkmorning said...

Cynthia- how do i get in touch with you? the number i have for you is out of date. are you still in the same house, the one i have been to? let me know.