Tuesday, September 23, 2008

two months old

my dear sweet little audrey jane,

today you are two months old. i can hardly believe it. it was heartbreaking to watch you get your shots on friday. you turned bright red and stopped breathing for a few seconds before you started screaming. tears were just streaming down your face. daddy and i just held you afterward and you calmed right down. you were sleeping before we even left the doctor's office. you now weigh 11 pounds 14 oz. you are such a strong little girl. your pediatrician was impressed when we told him that you are already rolling over because that is a four month milestone and you have it down at just two months old.

you are so verbal. when daddy and i talk to you, you always respond with all sorts of noises, cooing and gurgling in delight. you love to sing. i notice it most when i sing you lullabies, i can hear you "hmm hmm hmming" rhythmically to the song i am singing like you are singing along. you are always flashing us big smiles. ana spent lots of time with you when you were brand new, just home from the hospital. she said you were the most smiley baby she had ever seen. one of your favorite things to do is to kick your legs. you don't enjoy tummy time and you now almost always roll over so you can be on your back. you have discovered your tongue. you often stick it out and look around (almost as if you are rolling your eyes, haha. dad says you got that trait from mom) and it makes us laugh. you sneeze in multiples, usually four at a time. you love to blow bubbles and do rasberries with your tongue. i love you my baby girl. i love holding you in my arms and locking eyes with you. i love watching you watch the world around you with eyes full of wonder and your response to every new thing. you love music, whether it is a lullaby in the evening or a fun activity song dad is singing to you at playtime, music calms you.

your new toy this week is your bumbo seat. we sat you down in it on sunday and you weren't sure what to think of it at first. you were ready for something else after ten minutes...but today you were happy as a lark for about twenty-five minutes. way to go princess!

i think about how fast time has gone since you were born and i want to slow it down. i want you to be my baby girl forever. dad says you are never going to grow up and get married because he wants you to stay his baby girl forever too. i think that even when you are a grown woman with children of your own, to me you will still be my baby girl to love, nurture, protect, and take care of.

daddy and i could never express the love we have for you our little audrey jane. you are the most precious and important thing in the world to us.

love, mommy

this one makes me laugh

with her little tongue out

caught her on camera mid-sneeze


here are her two month pictures we had taken at a studio:





13 comments:

Rachel said...

so big in her bumbo!!! Love the letter. She is getting so big and old!!

Megan said...

What a cute little chub!!

zealygirl said...

We love our Bumbo, too!

This letter will be such a treasure (and proof that she did these things) when she's older!

GustoBones said...

2 months, I can't stand it!!! Time goes too fast. I wish I were closer and I could see more of her(And you guys of course too). She is SO beautiful and blessed to have parents that treasure her so much!

Josephine said...

I know another Audrey Jane born last week. This one is WAY cuter. ;)

Ashley said...

of course her bumbo is pink! ;) you are such a wonderful mommy. such an inspiration to me!

Unknown said...

I can't believe she is two months old. I love watching her grow via her pictures.

Jayde and I have GOT to come see her.

Thank you, also, for posting on Jayde's blog. She loves getting messages from you.

Miss you at work! Please come to lunch (with your beautiful baby in tow) as soon as you feel up to it!

Twice the blessing, plus one said...

So precious...has it really been 2 months already?

Desiree said...

Ok, I love that you are writing letters to her. These will be so priceless to her in her future. Can you say "awesome mom." :) Oh, and I have heard nothing but good about that seat thing she is sitting in. Everyone says it is so good at containing and holding the little one in a sitting position. Would be great for feeding! Anyway, love ya! Miss ya!

MomOf4 said...

You are very smart to document these little behaviors! Believe it or not, you will not remember every detail of your baby's first few months! Write down everything! :) Happy 2 Month Day to you all! She is so pretty! :)

..::k.toms::.. said...

How funny you caught her mid sneeze!
Those pictures are darling and the note is even cuter.
Happy 2 months!

Monty said...

i look forward to our daily playtime, princess!

Sharon - Mom Generations said...

She's 2 months!? OMG! 2 months and gorgeous!! I have a gift for Audrey that I need to send you!! I wish I could blame it on the craziness... but I don't know if you'll believe me! ;) Tell Audrey I have a strapping older man of 3 months named Henry who would like to meet her!
xoxo,
Audrey