Thursday, September 18, 2008

so long, farewell...


today i told my boss that i would not be returning to work when my leave was up. it is hard to believe that i am not going to be going back. i am going to miss my friends and coworkers there a lot. i feel very lucky to be able to stay home with my audrey. today was also the first day of my new job. i got a job i am able to do from home when i have time here and there while audrey is napping or dave is home. it does not have the social benefits that my last job had, but being able to work in my pajamas is a definite perk.

16 comments:

Monty said...

everyone was sad when i shared the news at work today - you have and will continue to be missed.

Grace said...

nice pics. cute baby. i'm inviting you to visit my blog and enjoy. thanks.

Twice the blessing, plus one said...

Congrats Julie! I wish I could stay home too! Very lucky you are!

Unknown said...

Though I won't see you every day I expect that Jayde and I will always love you and be able to come visit you, Dave and Audrey at our whim.

Also, when you need time away from the baby I am more than happy to either take you away or take Audrey so you and Dave can be alone.

Jayde and I would both love to take her off your hands for a day, an night, a weekend!

We love all three of you dearly!

Rachel said...

I am so glad that you are able to stay home too. I hope that this new job works out. Being a stay at home mom is a luxury and I always try to remember that when I am still in my pjs at 3 pm because I have been chasing around a rowdy JJ all day. Love ya.

..::k.toms::.. said...

Congratulations! I'm sure you will love being @ home with her. How could you not!

zealygirl said...

It's so great you get to do that! I admire your willingness to give up the good things at work so you can be with Audrey more. It's just great.

Sharon - Mom Generations said...

I am truly happy for you. I was a teacher for 30 years, so I had a great deal of time to spend with my children, but until they were old enough for pre-school, I so missed them during the school day. I was very fortunate that my mother-in-law had my babies in her home, and I also had a babysitter who was a true angel... but to do what you are doing is a wonderful gift! Kiss little Audrey for me!

Ashley said...

yay for you, you are FREEEE!!!!

Niederfam said...

it's true, it's a LUXURY to stay at home with little ones, but it's HARD to remember that day in and day out!!! ENJOY the moments, they really do go by all too quickly. AND, SCORE, on finding something you can do from home!!!! :)

GustoBones said...

I am glad that you found something to do from home to help make some money. Audrey will get so big, so fast and luckily you won't have to miss a minute of it!!:)

Thelissa said...

When my first was born I was planning on returning to work as well, but couldn't bring my self to do it. I had no idea how we would make ends meet, but still knew it was right. I have never regretted it and ends have always miraculously been met. You'll be so glad you are staying home! They grow so fast!

MomOf4 said...

It is a big decision to be a stay at home mom, but the rewards are worth it! Congratulations!!! It took me about 4 years to be completely comfortable with the stay at home mom title. Now I wear it proudly! :)

Jessica Potter said...

I am so excited for you to be able to stay home with Miss Audrey Jane. Its such a special time and not worth anything to leave her.

Josephine said...

Congrats. You're going to have so much fun! She's precious BTW.

Megan said...

Congrats on getting a great job from home! I am super jelous, and excited for you.