Friday, June 6, 2008

6 random facts

Audrey at pinks and blues tagged me quite some time ago and i am sorry it has taken me so long to respond...here it is finally, six random facts about me:

1. I did not walk until i was 22 months old. i spent time with my 22 month old nephew tonight who has been walking for a year, it is truly mind-boggling that it took me that long to walk...my mom was worried and even took me to a doctor to see if i was developmentally delayed...luckily i wasn't...just couldn't be rushed. i laugh because this is still often the case. i do things when i am ready, in my own time. i guess you are who you are.

2. when i was in grade school, each classroom had a special needs student and in fifth grade we didn't have a spelling bee, we had a signing bee instead and i took second place. i felt like i was robbed. the girl who won did not have her own sentence just had to add the word i left out even though i gave her every other word in the sentence...i still remember that sentence verbatim.

3. i am a perfectionist and often, no matter how appealing something is to me, i won't even attempt it unless i am confident that i will be successful, or dare i say, even find perfection in what i am attempting to take on. this is something i am working on, to let myself make mistakes and give myself leeway in learning new things.

4. i didn't realize how angry i was at myself when i miscarried or how much i blamed and punished myself until i was able to become pregnant and have forgiven my body for failing me. i notice that even when i am exhausted and uncomfortable i am willing to go out and live my life, when i never would allow myself to find any joy or happiness in anything after i miscarried. i realized this recently and it made me sad that i have been so hard on myself.

5. i hate bananas and i always have. i wouldn't even eat banana baby food as an infant.

6. i hate being vulnerable...even when i find myself getting emotional when watching TV or videos, i will make fun of it rather than let it grab hold of my emotions. it is funny because while i hate to feel vulnerable, when i see other people allow themselves to be vulnerable, it is one of the most beautiful things in the world to me...it is like looking at a window into their soul.

9 comments:

Monty said...

i love how that you know how to make me laugh when i'm frustrated.

Thelissa said...

Loved your post. I just wanted to add that I can't believe how fast your pregnancy is going! You only have a few more weeks! Yea!

Ashley said...

I love this. I love learning more about you! 48 days.... can't believe it!!!!

Rachel said...

JJ hates bananas too! I also took second plac ein the signing bewe.. what a gip!

GustoBones said...

You know I am with you on bananas! My kids like them though. Hope you are having a nice weekend!

erin said...

You are too funny! I took second place in a spelling bee when I was in grade school and I still remember the word I missed. Also--baby food bananas are nasty even if you like bananas.

time-for-a-paws said...

What is a signing bee?

Jessica Potter said...

LOL at the signing bee. Some things from our childhood we never forget! I would have been royaly pissed too! That makes me laugh at banana's. I wonder if Audrey will like them.

Spammon said...

Whoa whoa...stop right there. No banana splits???!?!??! I....I...don't know what to say.