Tuesday, April 29, 2008

saying goodbye...

to an old friend



and saying hello to a new one



i discovered this week(was told by a co-worker) that my water bottle was recalled because of the type of plastic it was made of and how this plastic taints the water it contains and is filled with carcinogens and is particularly harmful to a fetus...

thanks to my husband i now have a bpa-free water bottle, but it is going to take some getting used to. i LOVED my nalgene bottle and it makes me think...before i had this nalgene water bottle, i had one that was identical to it and before that i had one that was identical to that one. i drank water out of that bottle every day...for years.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

oh the things we do for our kids.. born and unborn!

erin said...

That BPA is some nasty stuff! Audrey is such a beautiful name! Yeah for so much fun stuff. It seems that last weekend was the time for baby showers--my sister had hers too. It is soo much fun buying stuff for baby (but girls are more fun than boys!)

Ashley said...

so sad! I just got a SIGG water bottle to try to rid myself of ingesting the BPA junk... baby steps! hehe. your new one is cute!

Monty said...

that new bottle looks pretty sleek!

Christy said...

I have a Nalgene too...and before I was ready to part with it, i made sure it was not a number 7 bottle - those are the only ones containing BPA. Mine is a number 4...phew :) I hate giving up things i love!

pinkmorning said...

Christy, yeah, mine was a 7, bummer...i am glad yours is safe and you get to keep it though:)

..::k.toms::.. said...

Scary!
Looks like you 2 will be amazing parents taking all the precautionary steps needed in order to make baby as healthy as possible!

Spammon said...

I've read a bunch on bpa and I think its another one of those things to put fear into the public. Obviously when they inject it straight into rats, there's a problem. Then again, you inject almost anything into a rat and it's going to be bad. My parents used bpa plastic and so did I and most likely a million other people without problems.

It just seems that everything causes cancer or death now. I guess the world wants us to live in a cardboard box? As you can see, I take these cautions with very little seriousness. But if I die from something weird in the next 10 years, you'll know I am full of crap. :)