
most of you know that i have had quite a bit of swelling in the last week. we went in to see the doctor on wednesday because the swelling had gotten so bad and the doctor put me on a low sodium diet and instructed me to drink plenty of water and elevate my feet as much as possible. they took my blood pressure and it had gone up but it was not abnormally high. we were told that if the swelling becomes work or my blood pressure is 140/90 or above to come right in. i spent the weekend resting and on sunday we went to get my blood checked at the pharmacy and it was higher than the doctor wanted it to be so we went to a clinic to get it checked by a doctor. my pulse was 126 and my blood pressure was 144/94 and they instructed me to go to the ER. When we got to the ER my blood pressure was 159/96 and they took me over and admitted me to the women's center where i stayed for about five hours and they monitored my blood pressure and ran a bunch of tests. as long as i was resting and laying down my blood pressure was normal and the tests they ran came back normal and finally i was sent back home. we are not really sure what will happen next. we have to discuss our options with our doctor at our appointment on wednesday. it was pretty scary and very uncomfortable and we were glad to get to go home and i was glad to sleep in my own bed.
Monday, April 14, 2008
our sunday adventure
Posted by pinkmorning at 1:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
Julie I am so sorry! I hope you feel better and you stay rested and let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do for you guys! Take care!
xoxo,
Jess
It was good to see you today, and I hope that things get better soon... love yoU!
NOT GOOD at all.....I'm sorry! You literally had better being LAYING LOW......TAKE IT EASY and keep me posted.....:)
I'm sorry this happened! Take it easy and please keep me posted!
Julie,
I am a blog "stalker" as they call it. I found your site from my cousin's, the kirnan crib. I just had a baby, oh my 8 weeks ago already, and it sounds like my last 10 weeks. I was diagnosed with pre eclampsia and put on bed rest. I had the swelling, protein in my urine and high blood pressure at times. Best of luck and try to stay off your feet as much as possible.
hmmmm - sounds like a good excuse for bed rest :) I would love a dr to tell me to stay in bed!! Hope you get feeling better and that all is okay!
I'm sorry this is all happening? I sure hope you get feeling better!
And I'm love your current craving. I get that craving all the time!
I hope everything is ok with you. Stay away from the spicy foods!
JULIE! what a scare. I'm glad you are home and seemingly better!
I'm not happy you have had to go through all of this, but I am happy that your doctor is right on it. I'm guessing your next few weeks will be crappy! Hang in there and just think of that beautiful baby girl that will be arriving soon! It will all be worth it!
I am sorry that you had to go through all of this....thinking of you and sending prayers your way!
Wow! That had to be very scary. Keep laying down on your left side. That will help decrease your blood pressure!
Glad everyone is okay. I am looking forward to see you in VA.
Love you!
Post a Comment