
every year i buy candy to give out to trick or treaters and every year no children come to my door. last year we bought so much candy and filled a glass pumpkin container and we got a total of (wait for it) one trick or treater...that's right, one. i was working the evening shift last year so of course i missed it. a few months ago rachel and i went shopping and i found the cutest halloween candy bowl and i have been looking forward to halloween so i could use it. i told dave a couple of weeks ago that i wanted to give out full size candy bars and we decided not to do it because he doesn't think we will get very many kids where we live. tonight i stopped by the store on my way home and saw that all the hershey brand candy bars were four for a dollar so i decided to bite the bullet and buy some. i only spent six dollars but i am super excited...now i am just hoping that we at least get a couple of kids at our door...last week rachel had told me that she had decided to buy full size candy bars too. i guess great minds think alike. maybe i am hoping too that if we give out really good candy that kids will remember and we will get even more trick or treaters next year...one can only hope...i know i am a giant dork, but i get really excited about holidays...too bad so many of my siblings live out of state, it would be really fun if they could bring their kids trick or treating to my house and see all of their costumes...
Friday, October 26, 2007
trick or treat
Posted by pinkmorning at 6:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Full candy bars are the best!! I loved how people in our neighborhood growing up gave them out. Then so many people starting dropping their kids off in our neighborhood, our neighbors started reserving their full size candy bars for the neighbor kids they knew, remember that? The trick or treaters that come to your door will be lucky-ducky! I always insist on yummy chocolate bars, I don't think I could squeeze full size candy bars out of Scott though. However, I will never give out lamo no name sweets at Halloween.(Does that make me a Halloween Snob?)Hahaha, I will take pics of your niece and nephews here and email them to you!
i guess i am a halloween snob too. some of the girls at my work were talking about how much they spend on candy and it is more than i can fathom to tell you the truth. dave didn't really have a choice since i went to the store by myself and i figure while we live here might be the only time we could do this since we probably won't have too many kids, but i sure hope we have some, i can't wait to see the pictures of your kids!
haha! i am a giant dork too... this year is the first year I will have lots of trick-or-treaters, and I've been planning for a month! we bought a few huge bags of candy (sorry, can't do the full candy bar thing haha) like 2 weeks ago, and I'm having my best friend come over and help me the night of since Ryan is working late... and I'm so excited!!!!
we will so be there! lol
if nobody shows up, i'll be more than happy to ensure that the sweets are taken care of. :-)
We bought full size this year too, though not candy bars---we went for Skittles and Starburst--two twenty-five packs and gave them all out at the trunk or treat. About a month ago I bought a 12 dollar bag of 150 pieces at Costco, thinking to be ahead of the game. Mariah had some friends over, so I broke it open and gave them some, and the rest of history. Now I still have to go shopping for more Halloween candy.
beanie - too bad you are not here, smiths has such a good deal going, it is really about the same price to buy the small size bags when you think about how expensive the fun size bags are and how most of them only have about fifteen pieces each...now dave has got me worried that we might run out...
You sound so much like Eliot. Every year he buys loads of candy to hand out and every year we get less than 10 trick-or-treaters. He came home from Costco today with two huge bags of candy. We will end up eating ourselves over the next several months probably. I would love to have hundreds of trick-or-treaters like we did growing up. At our house, we always gave out dental floss, toothbrushes or flouride. I thought it was awesome!
I am coming to your house! :)
Well I wasn't really invited ... however, I want to come over for FULL SIZE candy bars!
Post a Comment