
PUMPKIN SPICE BARS
...got this idea from Natalie over at HanksTown, i have received lots of invitations for recipe exchange clubs but never received recipes back. Natalie had the great idea to post a recipe on her blog and invite her readers to do the same thing, so if you are reading this blog, i am officially asking you to post a recipe on your blog and leave me a comment so i know where to come find it. my sister Rachel at Likeastar sent me this recipe...my husband and i loved this autumn dessert.
Pumpkin Spice Bars:
4 eggs
2 cups white sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 can (15 OZ) Pure PUmpkin (not pie mix)
2 cups Flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp cloves
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Cream Cheese Frosting:
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter
2 or 3 tbs milk
1 tsp vanilla
4 cups powdered sugar
1. Heat oven to 350. Spray jelly roll (10.5 inch x 15.5 inch) pan with cooking spray and flour.
2. In large bowl beat eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin with a wire whisk until smooth. Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread in pan.
3. Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and center springs back when touched lightly. Cool completely (about 1.5 hours).
4. In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, milk and vanilla until smooth, slowly add in the powdered sugar until you reach a spreadable consistency.
I store these in the fridge until they are ready to be served. they are so yummy with a tall glass of milk! They make a ton so I usually make them when we are going to a gathering or give some away.
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Blog Recipe Exchange
Posted by pinkmorning at 5:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
OOOH, those sound sooo good. I think I would need to jump off the wagon, just so I could eat the whole pan!
Mmmm...cream cheese frosting. I LOVE cream cheese frosting! I'll have to try it out. Thanks Julie!
These are SERIOUSLY the best! I take them everywehre during the holiday season. Festive and alway a hit!
I absolutely LOVE these! And really, you could seriously eat the whole pan in one sitting (just make sure to have a glass of milk on hand)
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!
I put up a dessert too! I just love sweets...
I love anything pumpkin spice. I can't wait to try these.
For a few days last week when I would try to go to your blog it was saying I hadn't been invited... Anyways (always persistent), I kept trying, I'm glad I can now!
Post a Comment