my blog has been neglected lately. i have felt down and haven't had anything good to say. i even went as far as making it private and contemplated deleting it altogether. dave did not like being denied access to my blog(that's right, even my husband didn't have the code to get in) but i was just tired of blogworld. it is a blog eat blog world out there. i sometimes feel like the blogs are meant only for mothers to showcase their beautiful children...but also i think i take the old addage "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all" too much to heart, even in my writing. if i can't write something entertaining, or clever, or uplifting then i am not going to write anything at all. i find myself being critical of myself when i am writing. it is not well-written, i am not smart enough, etc. i have made a decision. i am going to use this blog as a journal for me. i am going to leave it public but let this post serve as a warning. i am now putting the proverbial caution tape around this blog. life is messy...and i want to start writing more about mine, even if it is just a little each day about my experiences, good and bad.
this week has been a real struggle for me. wednesday marked one year from the day we found out we were pregnant. so many emotions in my heart and in my head. when we miscarried it was a very dark and lonely time for us, but in many ways, it is harder now. we thought we would be able to conceive again quickly and have a healthy pregnancy and baby in our home soon. one year later, here we are with empty arms...dave and i watched little mitchell this afternoon and we enjoyed it thoroughly. then rachel, jeremy and jj came over to our house for some dinner and a movie. we didn't end up watching the movie too much because it was so entertaining to watch jj and mitchell. my heart ached when everyone left, especially the babies. i can't wait for the day when we have a baby in our home. it is hard for me to believe that it will happen, but i keep moving forward and try to keep my bucket of hope filled. i am so lucky to have such a great husband. thursday i started crying at work, i had had such a frustrating experience with my doctor's office and was just feeling defeated...luckily no one was around to see my meltdown and i was able to go to the restroom and get cleaned up. dave came over to my building for a meeting and even though we didn't get a chance to talk much, he could see i had not had a good day. when i got home from work, before i could even get out of the car, dave opened the door and walked into the garage holding pink roses for me. i really can't even express my love for him because there are no words to describe it. i am trying to give thanks for everything that i have instead of getting down or overwhelmed with the challenges that are mine. someday we will have children, but i am so glad that right now and forever, we have each other.
Sunday, October 21, 2007
to blog or not to blog
Posted by pinkmorning at 12:51 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

16 comments:
julie,
even though I don't know you in "real life," I wanted you to know how much your blog means to me and how much I look forward to your posts. it is obvious that you speak to and touch many people through this blog, and I know all who read it are more than happy and willing to support you. you have every right to be real, say what you're feeling, and not have to worry about offending anyone. I completely understand your reasoning, though, I too tend to shy away from posting when I'm feeling down, and it's rare that I would share when I am feeling bad. you truly inspire me... I have been wanting to express my frustration about the whole "mommy blogger" thing for a long time... how I feel like many (not anyone who reads this blog, don't worry, girls!) mom blogs that I read are exclusively for other moms , and I rarely get responds to comments I put on their posts. I'm sure if I had a picture of a cute baby on my sidebar it would be a different story. julie, you are so brave, but don't feel like you have to put on a happy face all the time, ESPECIALLY here on your blog. we are all here to lift you up and support you no matter what. :)
I am so glad you have decided to stay. You have a beautiful way with words. I love reading your posts. Like you, I have my down days, weeks, and months. During those times it is a struggle to write anything on my blog. Although lately I find it is a relief to vent my frustrations, and receive comments from fellow bloggers.
I look forward to reading your blog journal and I hope my comments don't annoy you!
I hope tha tyou know how importatn you are in my life. I love being with you and sharing laughs and sorrows. Come what may... we have each other. and I love you for that!
Jules, I wish I lived out there so I could be around you more. I'm so glad that you were blessed to find Dave who is thoughtful just like you and shows it so frequently and ardently. I love you and I'm glad you are so loved.
GREAT TO HAVE YOU BACK!
I love reading your blog - you always make me so happy :) Everyone has the downer days and everyone can use a friend...that is what is great about blogging - you have a friend no matter what :) And...I bet all the "mommy-bloggers" are jealous of the time you get with your husband with out the child interruptions right now...ha ha!! I sure love you!
Julie,
I am so sorry I have been MIA. I have had a lot going on. But here I am tonight, and your blog is one of the first I check in with. I want you to know that I am thinking of you. I know that there are no words that can fill what you want and desire right now... but I want you to know that I truly and utterly have you in my thoughts and my prayers. You and Dave are so lucky to have each other. Your love is evident through this blog and I don't know you "for real"... but it is so beautiful to read about. That love will bring forth so many blessings for you. Here's a big hug for you. And if you ever need a blog to vent to... I"m here.
xo,
Audrey
Julie- I am glad that you've decided to stick around the blog world. You were actually my main inspiration for starting my own blog. I think you express yourself beautifully. Your blog needs to be therapeutic for you, it is to fulfill your personal needs not the needs of others. I hope that you will continue to express yourself with your heart, that is the best way to be!
Just wanted to add myself to the list of people who love reading your blog, and who are inspired by your honesty, compassion and beauty. I know this must be such a hard time for you with the anniversary of your pregnancy. I am thinking of you.
Jane, Pinks & Blues
I really enjoy reading your blog, good days or not and I think its refreshing to read someone who is so real.
well said. very articulate. i really like the new layout, too. i had some dark journals, too. so let them out. it's therapeutic when you are going thru a rough time. so don't feel bad!
hey, this is lindsey. I noticed you left a comment on my blog, and I would LOVE chatting with you through email (if you're up to it). I know we don't know each other personally, but I would love to answer any questions you have--or just let you vent your frustrations and fears...
I know that struggling with infertility is such a roller coaster ride, full of ups and downs...and I know exactly what you're going through right now...
so I'll be there for you to listen, if you want. Email me anytime at lindseyjames_21@hotmail.com
I wish i could give you a hug right now...
Like everyone that commented before, you really do have a beautiful way with words Julie. You are so lucky to have Dave to be that light in your life when you feel it's burned out. Thank goodness for great husbands and the hardships that we endure because without them we couldn't gain knowledge.
I haven't gone through the losses that you have but I do know about infertility and that in itself is an enormous loss that I will never gain a special experience from.
I don't know who your Dr. is but the Reproductive Enocrinologist I saw is absolutely amazing and has already brought a miracle to someone that is close to me.
If you're in the market for a new RE- his name is Dr. Keith Blauer at the Reproductive Care Center and is absolutely the sweetest man I could have ever brought into my personal struggles with infertility. There is another Dr. at the clinic but I've heard that he is not as warm and as caring as Dr. Blauer is.
I wish I had more to say to comfort you but for now I hope you keep up the blog. You are an inspiring writer and I wish I could be half as creative as you Proctor Sisters!
Take care,
Kim
I found your blog from Up in the nite... and I was so sad when you went private, I tried again today and was glad you were back, I found your blog a few months and cried as I read your story... I am praying for you and that God would bless you with a baby. You are so brave to continue on... thank you for sharing your heart through this journal/blog. I don't know much about infertility but I have some really close friends in your boat. Its one of my questions for God. In the meantime. I have adopted your philosphy of keeping my graditude bucket full. Its hard at times, we all walk tough roads but in this blogging world, somehow we are altogether. Keep smilng and keep writing. I am a reader!
I am glad you are back! I missed reading your blog!
Julie-
Your writing and posts are very inspiring to me. You are the reason why I thought I could keep a blog going....you do such a great job expressing yourself, and keeping it real. I know that right now, there is nothing a single person can say to make things easier for you to conceive. But I do know that God has a plan for you. He would not put you in situations if he didn't know you could handle it. I truly believe that we all grow in strength when times are rough. You are always in my thoughts!
Stephanie
Post a Comment