Tuesday, October 30, 2007

this is halloween



halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays. tomorrow it is here and all i can think about is my appointment with my reproductive endocrinologist. i keep reminding myself that it is halloween, but this appointment holds so much more significance to me and my future than the holiday does. dave and i are going to be discussing injectables with the doctor...even though i know it shouldn't be a big deal, the thought of giving myself shots every night is kind of scary and overwhelming to me. i am baking some pumpkin bars for a work potluck tomorrow and went to the store after work and bought all the stuff to make dave beef stew for dinner tomorrow night and picked up some scary movies, but in my head all i can think about is the appointment. i am working on a list of questions to ask to make sure that we will be completely informed before proceeding on to the next level.

right now i am just trying to focus on halloween, sometimes i find the only way to deal with stress or fear is to focus on something else. i am trying to enjoy the good things about each day, but it has been pretty tricky today.

i am going to try my best to have a happy holiday, i just hope i feel better once the appointment is over.

9 comments:

Monty said...

i know i'm looking forward to the stew, pumpkin bars and scary movies. plus, i can't wait to see the kids' faces when i give them mini candy bars while chomping on a full size bar - priceless! as far as the appointment, at least were moving toward an end rather than sitting in the 'unknown'.

pinkmorning said...

david- hey! we are giving the full size bars out to kids too. i bought some more today so there will be plenty for all of you kids. i love you.

lindsey said...

You guys are funny (just read your comments to each other!)

I totally agree with Dave, you are being proactive and that is the best thing you can do! Good luck with your appointment tomorrow and I would love to hear how it goes.

Happy Halloween!

Ashley said...

I'll be praying for you Julie. keep us updated on how it goes!

selfstarter said...

Good luck tomorrow Julie and Dave. Happy Halloween!!! I tried to make the stew on Sunday, but it wasn't nearly as good as it was at your place. Have fun passing out candy.

Rachel said...

I hope that you guys have fun eating stew and getting spooked. I am sorry that your mind has been monopolized with things that aren't so fun. Let us know how your papt goes! Love you guys
-your cheerleader.

GustoBones said...

I hope it goes well today at your appt. I will be thinking of you! Also, I hope you have a fun Halloween and you get some trick-or-treaters, so you can pass out your candy!! Love to you both!!!

Angie said...

I hope you were able to enjoy the holiday despite all you have going on. You are in my thoughts! Love you!

MomOf4 said...

I hope everything went well with your appointment!