
I can't believe how long it has been since I blogged. I don't really know how people find the time for it. I am taking a little break from wrapping presents on one of the rare occasions that Audrey actually asked for a nap. I have been wanting to write in a journal and just never get around to it so I am writing this down so that I don't forget. Yesterday Audrey and I went to the library and then to get an ice cream cone. She calls ice cream "i-fream" it is so cute. Yesterday when I asked her what kind of "i-fream" she wanted, she said, "pink" and smiled. She got a bubble gum ice cream cone and we sat baskin robbins while she ate and then of course she HAD to clean the table. Today when we were out and about I could hear her in her carseat singing to herself, "pink i-fream, pink i-fream" haha! She was not too happy when we got to a store that only sold mom clothes and whined and whined while I tried on clothes only to have everyone gush over what a doll she is. I do agree, she is a sweetheart. Her favorite thing to do right now is to get windex and spray the coffee table. She loves it. It always reminds Dave of "my big fat greek wedding" but I think it just goes to show how often she sees me clean the same surfaces over and over after she gets them sticky/grimy or licks them. She is such a clown. We bought pink ornaments to add to the tree today since it is her favorite. Our tree is decorated in muted colors. Cranberry round ornaments, gold bells, cranberry pics, baby breath, wicker balls, wooden raffia-type stars, cream colored "believe" pillows, etc. it is fun to have a brighter color added and now I want to get a few more pink things. We'll see how Dave feels about it when he gets home. Audrey loves chocolate milk and ranch right now. If i pour ketchup on her plate to dip nuggets in she will tell me no and then ask for "wanch" and smile or whine, depending on her mood. She also loves oranges. I give her cuties all cut up and she asks for them several times a day. She likes to drink through a straw and also likes to pull out the stool, put it together and get things she wants herself. It makes me feel sad though to think of my baby being a little girl. She knows that "sansa" says, "ho, ho, ho" and is going to bring her candy and toys but refuses to sit on his lap. Every morning, first thing, she and i take a walking tour of our house and turn on ALL the Christmas lights (ceramic tree, Christmas tree, forests of lit trees and last but NOT least, her little tree) and she points to all the "sansas" in our house. At least once a day I find our annalee santa mouse moved from the coffee table to her room, usually on her bed with her dolls. It is fun to see her get so excited each night when we read a Christmas book and have candy from the advent calendar. She calls the princess tent that Eliot and Angie gave to her a house and always points out all the "mwenthesses" on it. She loves to give hugs and play with her cousins and I feel so lucky to be her mom. I need to write more so that I don't forget where she is right now. I am trying to soak up as much fun with her as possible because she is growing way too fast.
if you were expecting a more clever post, I am sorry. I spend my free time (the little i have) on different Christmas craft projects and devouring new books but I am going to try to blog a little every week, even if it is just to be able to look back and remember all the memories we are making every day.
hope everyone (even though i am sure not many read this anymore, but in case anyone does) is having a happy holiday season.
Thursday, December 16, 2010
Posted by pinkmorning at 2:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment