Thursday, December 11, 2008

o christmas tree, o christmas tree

i had such a great day on monday and i am just blogging about it now. life is especially busy in december, isn't it? i was hanging out with audrey and i got a call from dave asking if i would like to go and see the lights at thanksgiving point when he got home from work. i was so excited because it was snowing for the first time this month and i was ready for all things christmas. he also said that i couldn't meet him at the door when he got home but i had to wait until he came upstairs. again, it is december, so i didn't think much of it. he came home and walked upstairs and asked where audrey was. she was napping and had been asleep for two hours so he went to wake her up. he said audrey had something special to give me and they went downstairs and brought up a box. before dave pulled out the present, he told me that this gift was from audrey. he had (with some prompting from audrey i am told) this woman make this ceramic tree for me from the same mold that the tree that my mom, nana and aunt rosemary had when i was growing up. i have always loved this tree. it reminds me of christmas as a child and i am excited that audrey will have the same decoration as she grows up. it was so sweet. it made me cry (in a good way). we went and got hot chocolate at sev and went to look at the lights. it was such a great day and i have been so excited for christmas since.

14 comments:

Monty said...

what a sweet little princess!!

Thelissa said...

My mom had one of those two. I loved it as well. The little lights would come out and I loved to look down inside. I'm jealous you have one! So neat!

emily said...

that's so great! christmastime is so much better when you feel like traditions are being passed on from generation to generation. i love it!!

Brooke said...

Oh my! I can't remember who had that kind of tree when I was little, but I remember loving it too...I have the perfect place for one and would love having one of my own too. Can you have Audrey put in a call for me?

Rachel said...

To me, this is Christmas too!! Dave really nailed it.. it looks the exact same!

Jennifer said...

OMG my mom and grandmother each had one when I was growing up. I would love to be able to find one!! You are one lucky mommy and wife!!!!

zealygirl said...

I love how in tune Dave and Audrey are to the things you treasure. I am so glad you will have a wonderful Christmas tradition for the many Christmases to come.

..::k.toms::.. said...

What a thoughtful gift!
I love this time of year!

Unknown said...

How wonderful and thoughtful of him.

Anonymous said...

I love that tree. I have one just like it. It was my grandmas. My mom has one too, she has had it as long as I remember. We still put it up every year. My girls think its crazy that the tree is the same one we had when I was their age.

Beanie said...

My goodness where did Audrey and Dave find this tree? Who still has this pattern?

Dan and Katie said...

Audrey is such a thoughtful girl! My parents have a tree like that...It is beautiful! Enjoy!

GustoBones said...

AAAGHH!! I need that info. I have been so jealous ever since Rachel got Nana's and I would love one too. I am totally serious, you need to have Dave email the info on where he got it and stuff. So glad that Dave is so aware of you and what makes you happy. Have him drop me a note ok. LOVE IT!!!

Mariah "Sniggs" said...

It looks just like the one--thats precious!