so my little craft project (advent calendar) from last week turned out to be a lot more work than i thought it would be...basically because of all the materials that i had to gather. doing crafts is new to me so my craft cart up to this point has basically just stored photographs.
i was so excited about this project that i couldn't sleep on monday night. i just kept thinking about this advent calendar. i felt like a little kid on christmas eve. i am so excited to put strips of paper with fun christmas activities on them (reading a christmas story and having hot chocolate before bed or baking cookies for the neighbors) in the little tins with a little treat. you know, all the fun things you want to do at christmas that sometimes you just don't get around to unless you schedule them. i thought that i could even put a bracelet or earrings and stickers in a few of them once audrey is a little older. i am excited to establish holiday traditions with our little family and this one seems like such a fun one. i stole this idea from nicole. i saw the one she made on her blog and i fell in love with the idea. it didn't turn out exactly how i wanted but it was fun to make and it will be fun to use.
these are little favor tins fastened to the calendar with velcro that will be filled with candy, stickers, activities or anything fun and festive...
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
visions of sugar plums
Posted by pinkmorning at 12:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
it turned out great! can't wait to see more of your creations!!
what is this that you are doing? it looks pretty cute whatever it is
darling! Love the way yours turned out.
I love it!
That is really cute! I want one! Someday I'll have to copy you.
It is very cute!!! I need to work on my craft gene!!
How cute...you will have to show us how to make it when you come out for Thanksgiving!
So cute!
What a great idea!
I love love LOVE it!!!! My sister made one too, and if I had a bit more time and $$$$ I'd be making one too!!!! SO CUTE!!!! You are a CRAFTY girl!!!
FUN!!! I want to make one! I got some super cute Christmas stickers from Michael's and they would be PERFECT for this!
I think that is WAY cute! When I get time I want to make one. That's a super fun idea.
Post a Comment