Wednesday, December 5, 2007

preggie pops


well morning sickness officially arrived at our house last night. rachel and jj had spent the evening with us and brought us dinner and dave and i were settled in and ready to go to sleep when it hit me, i said to dave, "i feel like i am going to throw up" and he jumped up and went to get me a bucket and not a moment too soon...yuck. this morning was the same story, i felt so nauseated after i got out of the shower and once again i lost my cookies. all morning at work i sipped sprite and munched on saltines but they only provided momentary relief. after work dave and i stopped by babies r us and picked up some preggie pops(lollies that are supposed to help with queasiness) and i hope they will help me...so far i have only tried the sour rasberry and i liked the taste of it...they have some unusual flavors though, ginger, spearmint and lavender...i guess ginger is supposed to help with nausea. we'll see. i'll let you know what i think later. the jury is still out...

16 comments:

Monty said...

i hope they help, preggie pregerton. if not, i'll be waiting with the bucket. xoxoxoxoxo

Ashley said...

ok, nausea sucks. I'm sorry. It's so funny though, my best friend had a miscarriage and when she got pregnant the 2nd time she kept telling me... "I'm nauseous... YES!!! I'm tired.... YES!!!" So boo for being sick but YAYYY for being pregnant!!! and thanks for the update. I was dying here!!! :) how far along are you?

Rachel said...

I am glad that you got some.. i hope they work too. I never got THAT sick, so I didn't buy these, but you will have to let me know.. Also, Heidi (broadwater) said she was sick the entire pregnancy so you may ask her for some tips. Love ya!

GustoBones said...

Also, you might want to try lemon drops. They are probably a little easier to find than preggie pops, and I found that they helped me, though I was never super sick. Good luck! Hopefully it will only last the first trimester! Sick is good though, it means those hormones are flowing!!!

Spammon said...

I don't recommend snacking on raw ginger just for taste sake, but ginger ale is a great thing for naseua. (I watched an episode of Mythbusters on it.)

..::k.toms::.. said...

Glad to hear everything is working properly! I truly am so happy for you and Dave. And how sweet is he??? "I'll be waiting with the bucket"
That is the cutest thing EVER!
As for the pic on my blog... it was a gag gift I received at a party and it is SO VERY inappropriate that I can't say the name. Rachel knows what it is- she can tell you if you call her!

lindsey said...

Oh no! Hopefully your morning sickness leaves by the second trimester. I'm glad you are doing well besides that.

katie said...

julie, we miss you on the board! i'm so glad to see you are sick (well you know what i mean!)that means healthy baby! i predict team pink for you! mine was literally 8-14 weeks and it sucked. try sea bands, as well. i kept saltines and sprite by the bed all the time. hope you can find little pockets of relief!

Spammon said...

LOL Rachel, hurry, it's a 'Candy Necklace' to your knowledge. You don't want to be known as the person who 'Knows' what those are. Ok, man, I'm going to far. I'm done.

Spammon said...

and thats *too, not to.

Amy said...

I suggest sea bands as well, people swear by them. You can probably pick some up at Babys R Us or Target. Good luck!

Sharon - Mom Generations said...

Saltines. That's what my midwife told me too. And she said salty things help always. This part isn't always fun... but I know you'll take on this with a smile as the beautiful person you are. That baby inside of you is one lucky little bambina(o)!
xoxo,
Audrey

Monty said...

so excited!

MomOf4 said...

I agree, it sucks to be sick but it is a really good sign! Don't let your tummy get too full or too empty. That is what always triggered it for me! I too want to thank you for the update! I am so happy for you and your hubby!

Beanie said...

I was so, so sick when I was pregnant, but it didn't last. I hope this is a short season and then on to better things.

Angie said...

I can relate with you. It is no fun to be throwing up. I hope you are able to find some relief with preggie pops or something else. I tried the pops and it didn't work for me. I finally got a prescription that helped me keep from throwing up all day long.