Friday, December 7, 2007

one year later...

today makes one year since we lost our little angel. it was a hard day for me at work. i snapped at my sister in an email(sorry rachel) and was pretty unpleasant to be around at work. each time i saw the date(whether in an email, my outlook calendar, what have you...) my heart just dropped. even as i write this i am sobbing. it has been such a challenging year for me and in so many ways i have changed. the only thing that cheered me up is the queasiness in my tummy to remind me that miracles happen. today made me realize that pain is still there. the time that has passed and the baby in my tummy does not erase what dave and i have been through. i can't even express the love i have for dave and his constant support, patience and love he always gives so freely to me. he knew i needed to get out of the office and take a break so he sent out an email to all of our friends at work inviting them to join us for lunch and the six of us went out and i was able to laugh and joke and forget my troubles...dave is so amazing and i love him so much.



this is the ornament i bought for dave last christmas. it is our angel, "the angel of the heart" and when i look at it, i think of how far we have come...

10 comments:

Ashley said...

so bittersweet. we rejoice with you for your miracle, but your angel will never be forgotten... so glad you have such a wonderful husband! :) thinking of you today, as always!!

Monty said...

i'm so proud of you babe and admire the strength you have shown through the year.

Rachel said...

I am sorry that yesterday was so rough. I am so sorry that I couldn't get you out of the office yesterday. I love you and I hope that you will be feeling better soon.

GustoBones said...

I am sorry that yesterday was hard. Just think, next year at this time, your arms will be full of a beautiful baby!

lindsey said...

I'm sorry too Julie and I hope you are feeling better today!

..::k.toms::.. said...

Same words for you.
I'm sorry for your sadness this week. Try to look at what you have in store for the future! That little baby is growing and is such a miracle. I'm so excited for you and Dave! You truly deserve this little one!

Meghan said...

My friend Lindsay (Daily Knack) directed me to your blog. I am so sorry for your loss-I am sure your little angel has been sending you extra love because he knew this would be a difficult time for you.
Congrats on being pregnant - I love that you used Jones Soda to announce it.

-Meghan

Ashley said...

Julie, you HAVE to enter the preggo contest on the pinks & blues site. you will SO win!!

Beanie said...

Julie,
I'm so happy that you had a heartbeat today! Embrace the joy.

Spammon said...

I'm sorry you had to go through that, but glad you were able to get through it with good support from your family. That's something not alot of people have been able to do in your position. Keep your chin up, thing's will only get better.