Sunday, August 26, 2007

trial lake

last night dave and i went camping together for the first time. it was so beautiful and so cold. we really enjoyed ourselves. we are already planning our next trip! big thanks to rachel and jeremy for lending us their camping gear!


trial lake


julie and dave


dave building our fire so we could cook dinner


trail mix that i put together...


homeade guacamole that dave made...yum!


waiting for our tinfoil dinners to be ready...

14 comments:

Angie said...

I am glad the camping was fun. Your picture really gets me in the mood to do some camping myself.

Rachel said...

I LOVE camping, we only went once this year, but I guess that it isn't too late. BTW-- how long did the dinners take??

pinkmorning said...

theorganizer-wish you guys lived here and we could go camping together. we should plan an overnight camping trip next summer. that would be so fun!
likeastar-less than one hour, about fifty minutes, thanks for the advice. it was yummy. we should plan a trip some weekend in september, it is so pretty. we are planning on buying gear anyway. you should check it out, google trial lake. it would be fun to get one of the campsites right on the lake, even though they are not as secluded, so that we see it at sunset...

GustoBones said...

Looks like so much fun. Thanks for my birthday shoutout!!!!

PinksandBluesGirls said...

What a fun trip! That lake is beautiful! And how talented is Dave, making that homemade guacamole!!!

I'm am so glad you were able to relax and enjoy yourselves.

Oh, and yes, I have seen Mamma Mia! It was wonderful! I would love to see it again... it's been 5 years now since I saw it.

Jane, P&B Girls

lindsey said...

I love camping as well... and "hobo" dinners, you are lucky!

Twice the blessing, plus one said...

Your trailmix and guacamole are giving me a new craving...YUMM-O
Looks like you guys had a blast. Glad your trip to CA was nice!

Ashley said...

how fun, what a great getaway! I have an award for you! :)

Josephine said...

I can smell the mountain air...ahh. Glad you're back safe ;-)

lindsey said...

Email away!

MomOf4 said...

How fun! It looks like you had a great time and what a pretty place to camp!

Blog Owner said...

For a minute there I thought the trail mix WAS the dinner. I was like, "Oh, she cooks like I do!"

katie said...

julie, this camping trip sounds so fun and yummy food. i hope you are well and thinking of ya. miss ya! hope you have a good week. now i'm craving guac..yum!

shauna said...

You guys ate good! You look so happy--it must have been fun!