It must be very difficult
To be a man in grief,
Since "men don't cry" and "men are strong"
No tears can bring relief.
It must be very difficult
To stand up to the test
And field the calls and visitors
So she can get some rest.
They always ask if she's all right
And what she's going through,
But seldom take his hand and ask,
"My friend, but how are you?"
He hears her crying in the night.
And thinks his heart will break.
He dries her tears and comforts her,
But "stays strong" for her sake.
It must be very difficult
To start each day anew
And try to be so very brave-
He lost his baby too.
-Eileen Knight Hagemeister
i did not write this poem. i posted it on my blog to tell you Dave how much i love you and thank you for always being there for me in my times of sorrow and pain, not just the joyful, happy times and to let you know that i am always here for you too.
Sunday, August 5, 2007
For Dave
Posted by pinkmorning at 10:16 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
That poem is truly beautiful and so is your touching tribute to your sweetheart. Dave is such a blessing in your life. I am happy that you have each other.
my heart hurts for you both today... but I am so touched by what you obviously have in each other. would you mind sharing your email with me? I have something to send to you.
This was a beautiful poem. Thank you for sharing it with us!
this really tells the truth! thanks for sharing! we are so on the same page.
Powerful poem. I might have to copy that... :-)
Beautiful poem...brings tears to my eyes...I need to copy for my husband as well!
Hugs to you! You are always in my prayers...
I know. Thanks, Love.
I've said it before, but I'll say it again... you two are so meant for each other and so lucky to have one another!
That poem is so beautiful.
Jane, P&B Girls
Oh that is beautiful... I know exactly the meaning of that as well. You guys are so strong and so amazing. How beautiful you are together. Just beautiful. I (totally) feel like I know you guys!
- Audrey
Pinks & BLues Girls
Darling Julie,
Until I got to the end, I was certain that the poem was yours. You have the spirit and love and eloquence to write like that. How much I love you and Dave and thank the Lord every day for him in your life.
Love,
Mom
Oh my goodness..................now wonder you won the award, you are AMAZING!!!!! A talented and ghifted writer, who searches the soul and inspires others to dig deeper too!!! WOW!! Sorry I haven't left a comment for a while. I love you and miss you. I'm calling and we are planning lunch soon!!! :)
What an absolutely beautiful poem
Post a Comment